Friday, September 08, 2023

And Then There Were Two…

Have I mentioned that I was in the The Minnesota State Fair Fine Arts Exhibition this year?

I was also in it in 1973 and I had retained the catalog of that event. Just for fun, I accessed the catalog of the current exhibition and compared the artists in it to the older one.

While there may have been some names that had been changed, it was a simple matter to compare the lists of artists.

There were two names in both catalogs.

Mine, of course, and also Patricia Olson’s, who is an accomplished painter with a long career in art. I sent her a short email, noting the coincidence, and asked her if she was indeed the same person. She replied:
Wow! I'm impressed with your research skills — I am indeed the same, but older, Patricia Olson who had screenprints in the 1973 State Fair show. It was in the Grandstand then, as I recall.

It's good to be in such fine company.

All the best,

Patricia
Original image: August Schwerdfeger

Posterization

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024