Monday, April 08, 2024

On Photography

The most distingushing feature of this blog is its imagery.

Mostly photo-based, although with manipulation and even a bit of AI-enhancement, it is harder to draw the line between illustration and photography. I erase that line whenever I think that the text could be improved with a dash of “visual enhancement.” When I was young I was pretty inflexible with my concept of photographic purity. Now, anything goes for me (with the exception of disingenuous malfeasance.) There is a fair amount of technique in my images, but how I create them doesn’t matter as much instilling a response in my viewers.

So, no discussions of camera models, lenses, f-stops, ISOs, workflows or shutter speeds here.

Photography is practical magic, and I am its practitioner. Enjoy the show. May your faded memories be stirred and suppressed emotions be rekindled—perhaps even getting some Punctum!

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024