Sunday, June 02, 2024

20 Years of FITK!

On June 2nd, 2004, the very first entry of Flippism is the Key was posted.

FITK began as a vehicle for my literary efforts but has evolved since then with novels, memoirs, reviews, poetry, and even travelogs.

Each Wednesday I’ll be publishing a post from those early efforts. Few of my current readers* will remember them but I think they still have value. My hope is that those of you who have recently arrived here will find these vintage posts timeless, if not priceless**. There will even be a smattering of posts from early collaborators (Little Miss Loopy, Comica, Reshma.)

While some may say it is impossible to revisit the past, reliving the ‘glorious’ early years of the ‘blog explosion’ of the early aughts gives me some strange feeling of satisfaction.

*For some unknown reason I have been getting a lot of Facebook™ referrals in my sitemeter.

**Just joking!

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Anonymous Markus said...

Congratulations! 20 years and still going strong is quite an achievement for a blog!
While back then we've seen that "blog explosion", the last decade saw the numbers dwindle, and now only a small number of dedicated (or stubborn?) bloggers is left.

But then, with those content with a fraction of a second attention for their images wandered to the so-called social media, only quality blogs remain ;)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Thank you, and thank you for linking my blog in your most excellent bloglist!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024