Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Another Frieda



A while ago I posted a about my mother’s aunt Frieda. She was a painter of miniature landscapes of New Mexico in the 1960s and 70s. I had a small oil painting of hers that came down from my mother. When The Weaver and I were in Santa Fe recently, I scoured the antique shops and galleries, looking for another. No luck, but when I tried the internet, I found a water color for sale on eBay, from a dealer in Colorado. It would be a perfect reminder of our trip. The asking price was pretty steep for a postcard-sized image by an unknown artist, I made an offer, and after a few weeks, the dealer accepted it.

So now I have another work by Frieda Johnson: The Two Friedas, as I like to call them.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

Small pieces are so difficult! And sometimes (like in this case) so lovely.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023