Saturday, January 08, 2005

Life Imitates Art

After yesterday’s rant, my overworked imagination got the best of me. I took a warm bath, had a cup of cocoa, and went to bed. Fitful slumber ensued, which was irrevocably rent asunder by the throb-throb-throb of a helicopter's rotor. I sat up with a start—was I dreaming or, indeed, had my lunatic fantasies become real? The noise became louder until it sounded as if it was directly overhead. Finally it receded into the distance, taking with it my peace of mind.

In the morning I asked the Weaver if she had heard it. Yep, exactly as I remembered it.

That settles it. I'm going to only write about pleasant things from now on.

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Lady of the lake said...

Prof Batty, my own personal thinking is GW is after you. Hunker down Professor!!


Blogger lab munkay said...

From clues in your posts, I know were you live, (biking distance from the libaray, a mile from the ferral cat hang out) now I have seen were you sleep. Bhwaaaa total blog domination will soon be mine!


Blogger lab munkay said...

Drat! That was ment to be anonymous.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023