Monday, October 04, 2010

Reunion



It was a casual affair- a mini-reunion of some of the people I went to high school with. More of an excuse to get out of the house, I guess. When I got there, it was very relaxed, most of us realize that our days of making a striking impression are far behind. The table talk was a mix of gossip and general commiseration; the difficulty in the remembering of some things was a recurring topic.

But some things I remembered well- a hayride with the girl sitting across the table (who was now a grandmother), a date with another "granny" sitting on the other side of the room, and a special "private" one-act play rehearsal with the still-alluring blonde sitting next to me.

Everything was nice, everyone seemed eager to talk, there were no grudges or axes to grind.

Even the guys were mellow.

It was alright. I think I'll make it to the next one, as well.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023