Monday, December 11, 2017

Found in a Snowdrift

Re-run from ten years ago at FITK…



We had a major snowfall last week-end, I had driven into Minneapolis to check out an annual art sale held in a downtown restaurant. The City of Minneapolis takes a "wait and see" attitude toward plowing the streets, usually giving everyone a couple of days to flounder about in the the snow before any plowing commences. I had parked on the street; there was a spot a few blocks away from the sale that wasn't completely drifted in; it was a one-way; I exited to the curb.

Gleaming amidst the snow was a shiny aluminum tube, with a black plastic collar. "Hmm... a flashlight..." I mused as I tossed it into the car to examine later. The next day, when I had a chance to examine my find, I noticed that it felt kind of slippery for a flashlight. It was stylish: with a conical end, a raised design that coiled around its shaft, and the aforementioned collar at the other end. But where the lamp should have been was only a small screw-head. Turning it over, I saw a sticker with the words, "MUST CLOSE CAP TIGHTLY" printed on it. I turned the collar, loosening it and it came off- there were batteries inside, but still no light. I screwed the collar back on, tightly, this time...


It started vibrating!


Oh My!


Then I remembered where it was exactly that I had parked.


Near "Sex World", a certain sort of “boutique.”


Then I also remembered why I don't go downtown much any more.




First published Dec 6, 2007

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

I don't think those give off much light.


Blogger oroboros said...

Slippery!? Yolks! Hope you were wearing gloves!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Jono ~ like a flashlight, meant to be used in the dark?

Oro ~ Hopefully it was new, and not a demonstrator!


Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha! Lovely.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024