Friday, June 22, 2018

I Dig the Nightlife #1

On the advice of my music guru (Tom Surowicz), I headed out to The Schooner Tavern last Tuesday night to catch King Kustom and the Cruisers:



Bill and Ernie Batson have been mainstays of the Twin Cities music scene for over 40 years now, in this group (specializing in obscure 50s rock-a-billy and garage rock),The Hypstrz (similar, but faster) and The Mighty Mofo's (similar but punkier). Dressed in complimentary bowling shirts, the brothers served up a raucous stew of crowd-pleasers:



This woman (selling pull-tabs) made a surprise “guest appearance” when she went home for the night:



The booth’s only door opened to the stage and she had to walk between the brothers!

Some of the patrons found other amusements more enticing:



By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

We have some open mike nights around here and if I can get someone to cover my evening chores I might just get up the gumption to join in.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023