Monday, January 06, 2020

Congratulations Hildur!


Hildur Guðnadóttir, Iceland Airwaves, 2006.

Winner of a 2020 Golden Globe for best score for Joker.

Composer for 2020 Golden Globe winner Chernobyl.

I first saw her perform in Iceland with Stórsveit Nix Noltes and Evil Madness in 2006, and  with Múm in Minneapolis in 2009. Hildur stood out even then, especially so with Jóhann Jóhannsson's Evil Madness, an experimental outfit that played “soundtracks for imaginary horror movies”—good training for her current career!

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I was so happy to hear of Hildur’s Golden Globe. I have played her music many times on the radio.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I wish I had had the equipment to record the full Evil Madness set in 2006. I caught a little of it on my cheesy compact camera, and it is wonderful.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023