Friday, July 12, 2019

Up From the Cellar



My vintage library card catalog has emerged from the bowels of the Flippist World Headquarters™ where it had been hiding for thirty years. Previously full of miscellaneous electronic parts (most of which I sold at a garage sale), it was on its way to Craigslist when the Weaver suggested putting it in her “sitting room.” Its top was damaged but after I refinished it I thought it looked so nice that it has now become a display shelf for some of my ceramic collection.

We haven’t yet decided on what to do with all that storage, although I have already made five drawers into a home for my large cameras (and their lenses and accessories.)

I suspect that if we host some social events in the future the catalog will morph into a buffet/server, with the four shelves (seen between the second and third rows) extended.

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger jono said...

A very nice piece!


Blogger Nicole Houff said...

OMG - If you ever decide to get rid of it, I think I know a perfect home ;)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Hmm… I wonder what you might have that would fit in a 3.5x5x15" drawer?

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023